This is a project that Dataflow have been operating for Imagination since 2007. Ford are a major sponsor of the UEFA Champions League. As part of their sponsorship they invite up to 1,500 guests to attend the prestigious Champions League Final. There are three specific requirements that we need to take care of:
- Ford have a two tier hierarchy of local Ford contacts across Europe. Local teams need local control over their invitee list, and the capability to invite guests, update registrations and manage flight and hotel data.
- They have a number of packages available including flights and accommodation, with different levels of hospitality, arrival dates, room sharing requirements and match ticket grades.
- With delegates coming from all over Europe, they needed the site available to guests in their own language (up to 20 in total). The user must be able to select their preferred language when they enter the site that should be carried through for all correspondence.
The solution and key site features
An advanced back-end management portal allows tickets to be allocated to countries by the main administrators, which in turn are distributed to local administrators to invite their preferred customers.
The back-end portal offers administrators the ability to issue invitations and re-allocate tickets between countries as teams are knocked out of the tournament and surviving teams’ markets request more packages.
Dataflow’s Multilingual Management tool is useful as a hub for translating content for the web site, emails and printed materials. The system allows multiple translators to work simultaneously on the content, which total thousands of items of content. As content is added or updated to the English version of the site, translators see which items need a new or updated translation.
A change tracking report helps the logistics team as the event draws near by highlighting recent updates that guests or local coordinators have made, and allowing them to change bookings and travel arrangements accordingly.
Dataflow’s online reporting system gives the main event organiser a real-time graphical report to see at a glance how many invitees have registered from each country, and where tickets remain unallocated. Accommodation and travel reports allow organisers to keep tight control of reservations and airport transfers across multiple hotels, maximising take-up of tickets and hotel bookings.
Finally, our onsite team ensures that all databases were kept up-to-date throughout and ad hoc report or data management requests are catered for.
Some key statistics from the 2013 event:
- Ford’s largest ever presence at the UEFA Champions Festival.
- Extensive positive feedback from those who attended.
- 1,880 bed nights
- 1,175 guests
- 964 return flights booked for guests
- 345 car transfers
- 226 on-site staff
- 146 visa application support letters
- 133 coach transfers
- 75 guest co-ordinators
- 45 cars and chauffeurs for guest transfers
- 21 languages
“I just wanted to drop you a quick line to thank you all for your hard work in delivering the most outstanding Champions League Final programme ever! It was like working amid a carefully planned military operation… it was an ambitious project with so many elements to it, and you really delivered an exceptional event, for which I am still receiving greatest feedback.” Victoria Wing, Sponsorship Manager, Ford of Europe
“I want to add my thanks to Victoria’s, the database worked very well and the feedback we have already received has said that the system was excellent. Once again thank you for all you hard work and support, the event has certainly been a success and that is down to the incredible team we had working on this.” Sara Murray, Imagination